Plenty of places to see
driver from florence to tuscany
Plenty of places to see with a driver from florence to tuscany
Siena & San Gimignano: A Full-Day Tuscany Immersion
These two medieval towns are unrivalled in their preservation of the Tuscan history and culture and are classic stop offs on any Tuscan Experience. Our private driver will prime you with the highlights of each town, leaving you free to explore on your own or with an optional art historical guide.
Departing from Florence or surrounds to Siena, the approximately 1-hour drive offers spectacular Tuscan countryside views. Upon arrival, guests will have 2-3 hours of free time to wander the undulating streets of Siena.
The drive from Siena to San Gimignano then takes around half-an-hour, each curve presenting postcard-perfect panorama. Peppered with soaring medieval towers, the first glimpse of San Gimignano on the horizon is a sight to behold. Within its medieval walls, it has retained much of its ancient charm.
- Explore two of the most stunning village towns in Tuscany.
- Enjoy a true immersion into the Tuscan countryside.
- Stop for a wine tasting at a Tuscan winery along the way if you wish.
- Lunch suggestions either at a winery estate, or a countryside restaurant in either Siena or San Gimignano.
- Have your driver meet either at your accommodation in Florence or other convenient location in the morning between 9.00 am and 9.30 am (to be coordinated prior). Tour Length 8 hours.
Are you interested in this tour?
Classic Pisa & Charming Lucca: A full day exploration
Enjoy two iconic Tuscany cities with a private driver, Pisa and Lucca on this day trip from Florence. Pisa with its famous Tower and Lucca the understated walled city par-excellence.
Setting out from Florence or surrounds at 9:00 am in a cozy van, guests shall traverse Italy’s prized region, spying stunning glimpses of the iconic undulating landscape of Tuscany adorned with quaint farmsteads, stretches of vineyards and clusters of silvery olive groves, all crowned by historic hilltop towns.
The first stop shall be Pisa where there will be around an hour of free time to explore the famous Piazza dei Miracoli with its breath-taking Cathedral of San Ranieri, the ornate Baptistery and the world-famous Leaning Tower of Pisa–arguably the best-known bungle of all time.
Next shall be the short drive to Lucca, the city of churches with its own fascinating history. Its city walls, originally constructed as part of a defense mechanism, were transformed into a promenade in the 18th century and are today an enjoyable way to circumnavigate the city from above, taking in views of charming Lucca and its surrounding landscape.
- Be transported in a private Mercedes van to the historic Tuscan towns of Pisa and Lucca.
- Enjoy free time to explore the must-see monuments in Pisa’s Piazza dei Miracoli.
- Explore Lucca, seeing the iconic sights, strolling along the famed promenade atop the ancient city walls, perhaps even doing a bit of shopping.
- Enjoy a traditional meal of Tuscan delights thanks to suggestions from the driver.
Are you interested in this tour?
Full-Day: Assisi & Cortona Expedition
The unique charm and ancient monuments of Assisi & Cortona are truly something to behold on this guided tour through the idyllic crossroads of the Tuscan and Umbrian countryside. See where they filmed ‘Under the Tuscan Sun’, and learn about the life of Saint Francisco as you meander through some of the oldest medieval streets.
Two stunning regions of Italy, two picturesque village towns, one perfect day. Setting out from Florence or surroundings, a private driver will take guests through the stunning Tuscan landscape through the neighboring Umbria region. Therein lies the jewel of Assisi. An ancient town that spirals around a hill, a stroll along its walkways offers stunning vistas at each turn.
To explore are the many poignant dedications and historic monuments honoring the town’s most beloved resident of all time, St. Francis. Guests will have free time to visit the traditional artisan stores, the Temple of Minerva, the stately Basilicas and Cathedral or perhaps even the imposing bastion of Rocca Maggiore perched atop the town.
- Cross two splendid regions of Italy: Tuscany and Umbria.
- Enjoy free time exploring the picturesque villages of Cortona and Assisi.
- Dine on Tuscan delicacies in Cortona.
- Be collected directly from Florence or other central location upon request.