We love to share with guests the marvels of the magical cities in Tuscany, from the classic to the curious.
We offer private Florence Art Historical visits with a local Authorized Tour Guide. We visit museums and monuments, churches and monastic complexes, off-the beaten track neighborhoods, specialty shops and artisans’ workshops.
Some Florence city walking tour ideas, which usually lasts about 3 or 4 hours:
- First time in Florence walking tour + optional visit of Accademia museum with Michelangelo’s David
- Uffizi Gallery
- Religious center of Florence in-depth (Baptistery, Cathedral, Bell-Tower, Duomo, Crypt Area, Cathedral Museum)
- The Gardens of Stefano Bardini, Boboli Gardens and the summer wing of Palazzo Pitti (Silver Museum)
- The Churches of Santa Maria Novella and Santa Trinità
- Bacchus and the Bargello
- Falling in love with another Florence – the Oltrarno (visit to artisan workshop)
- Morning visit to a professional Painting Restoration Studio
- Da Pater Familias a Pater Patriae – Cosimo dei Medici and his ‘hood’ (San Lorenzo district)
- The Church of Santa Croce and visit to Historic Leather School
- Palazzo Vecchio: From Town Hall to Opulent Residence
Siena walking tour (about 3 hours) with a local Authorized Tour Guide. Transfer to Siena from Florence by our private service with Mercedes Benz Minivan:
- This delightful small city is located on three very steep hills, it’s still protected by its medieval walls, although it boasts a much older origin. We will start our tour either meeting at the basilica of San Domenico or at the Gate of San Marco. Of course, we will not miss the famous shell shaped square, Piazza del Campo. This Piazza is the stage where twice a year, in the summer time, the Palio horse race is performed. Our visit will include the church where St. Catherine’s relics are kept and the Duomo, considered one of the finest Gothic cathedrals in Italy with unforgettable frescoes in the Piccolomini Library and marble decorations on the floor depicting the history of Christianity. And as we say, dulcis in fundo, we will take time to taste ricciarelli, our typical almond pastry.
San Gimignano Walking Tour (about 3 hours) with a local Authorized Tour Guide. Transfer to San Gimignano from Florence by our private service with Mercedes Benz Minivan:
- We will discover how the city looks today with its 14 towers from the 13th century that resisted the action of time. Meet your guide at San Gimignano’s main gate, St. John’s, where the medieval city walls are still completely visible. During our walk we will stop at Torre Cugnanesi and we will not miss the three main squares, the first one named after the cistern at its center, the second where City Hall and Duomo are still confronting each other and the little market square, called piazza delle Erbe. The Collegiate Church in San Gimignano is one of the few churches in Italy that are completely frescoed. This is also where Franco Zeffirelli, a famous Italian movie director, filmed Tea with Mussolini at the end of the 90’s. The Civic Museum holds a precious collection of wooden paintings dating from 13th to 16th centuries, works by artists such as Benozzo Gozzoli, Filippino Lippi, Pinturicchio. From here there is access to the only tower of San Gimignano open to the public. We will include in our visit a part of San Gimignano that remains off the beaten path: the area near the church of Sant’Agostino.
Siena and San Gimignano and be visited together with a local Authorized Tour Guide. This combined walking tour is about 6 hours with a lunch break between the two visits. Tour includes transfer to Siena and San Gimignano from Florence by our private service with Mercedes Benz Minivan.