Are you a foodie? You may become one after a trip to Italy!
Come with us to explore one of the great joys of this country: its food.
Some culinary experiences we can offer:
In Florence (with a local Authorized Tour Guide):
- Enjoy culinary theme walks through Florence stopping at specialty shops. Enjoy tastings at bakeries, caffes, artisan chocolate makers, gelaterie, street vendors, and stroll through the local food markets of San Lorenzo or San Ambrogio.
- Enjoy a private extensive tasting in a famous 3rd generation specialty stand in San Lorenzo market, tasting the best culinary products of Tuscany and Italy – chicken liver patè, pecorino and parmigiano cheese, extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sun dried tomatoes, olives, specialty cold-cuts and of course vino! You can consider this your lunch!
- Morning or afternoon hands-on cooking classes (private or small, join-in groups) in a gorgeous venue not far from the city center.
- Guided Wine tastings with sommelier in a famous enoteca. Learn the ABC’s of wine – how to smell, twirl and appreciate the full body reds that can be found throughout Tuscany. Enjoy 3 – 5 wines, including Chianti Classico, Brunello and famous Super Tuscan blends based on Sangiovese and Cabernet Sauvignon.
Out of Town (These excursions are private, with an English speaking driver with a Mercedes Benz Minivan (Viano or similar).
- Day excursion to a Famous Aceto Balsamico farm in Modena.
- Artisan chocolate tasting in small prize winning factory near Pisa (or other venues in what is known as the “chocolate valley” of Tuscany.
- Truffle hunting in the woods with a savoury lunch to follow (no, the hunt is not staged…!)
- Visit a family run saffron farm near San Gimignano with a homemade lunch
- Learn about the production of extra virgin olive oil at a local farm that has its own press.
- Visit a farm that raises cinta-senese pigs, learn (and taste) why this ancient breed is so special.
- Visit an organic farm that produces pecorino (sheep cheese) or goat cheese.
- Visit a famous butcher (who listens to AC/DC music while working and who also recites passages from Dante by heart), and have lunch in his restaurant. It will be, probably, the most mouth-watering hamburger that you will ever bite into!
- And of course visits to the Wine country and the most Stunning Estates in Tuscany.